WorkCover is a form of insurance available for employees that are injured at work or travelling to work. It is a ‘no fault’ scheme so despite who or what caused the injury it allows Queensland workers to make a claim and access benefits in the event that they sustain a work-related injury.
What is considered an injury?
- Physical injuries including aggravations of pre-existing conditions;
- Psychiatric or psychological disorders;
- Diseases; and
- Death from injury or disease.
What benefits and compensation can I access while on WorkCover?
- Weekly compensation for lost wages;
- Surgical and hospital expenses;
- Medicines essential for recovery;
- Rehabilitation treatment and equipment; and
- Travelling expenses for medical treatment, rehabilitation etc.
I have been injured at work what do I now?
- See your Doctor and obtain a workers’ compensation medical certificate.
- Inform your employer and provide them with a copy of the medical certificate.
- Lodge your claim with WorkCover. At this stage, we can provide you with a detailed explanation of the process, the best way to approach it and explain what your options are going forward.
Should I call a Lawyer?
We highly recommend that you do. At Revolution Law we are the Work Accident Experts and we have achieved excellent results for all of our clients that have been injured in the workplace. We offer a free initial meeting with zero obligation to sign with us. We are confident in what we offer and believe that our positive client reviews such as Google and Facebook speak for themselves. If you have any questions about your situation then call us on 07 3416 4999 and speak to one of our friendly Lawyer’s today.