True Story. It was bucketing rain with flooding everywhere, saturating the ground and overflowing the rivers. A phone call comes into our office. A young person has just purchased takeaway food at a local Multinational Fast Food Outlet. She walked outside, slipped on the wet path, and fell, hurting her wrist. She rang us hoping for a significant compensation payout.
We asked the questions to tick the boxes:
- Have you been to the doctor or hospital?
- Are you employed, and will this injury stop you from working?
- Will this injury impact your life long-term?
- Was there anything that this place could have done to prevent your accident?
- The accident has happened anywhere in Queensland.
In this particular personal injury claim she had not seen a doctor (and did not intend to). She was unemployed, so the sore wrist would not impact income earnings. And with the heavy rain falling over the suburb, causing wet surfaces everywhere, there was nothing the Fast Food Giant could have done to prevent the fall.
To make any personal injury claims
- There must be an insurer of the premises or facility you had the accident at.
- There needs to be fault by the owners or occupiers of the premises. They should have / could have done something reasonable or within their duties to prevent your accident.
- The injury has caused loss to you. It might be a loss of wages, employment or lifestyle.
We are not the lawyer for you if you want to scam an insurance company.
But we know accidents happen, and if they do, we can step in and advocate for you whilst you return to the best version of yourself. Some injuries cause permanent damage, and other injuries can eventually repair with surgery, medication, physiotherapy, counselling and other treatments over time. Whatever type of injury you have had, we are in this for the long haul with you and for you.
If you have had an accident, give us a ring, and we will chat. There are time limitations in making a personal injury claim so don’t hesitate too long!